Friday, February 18, 2011

Provident Fund


Provident Fund is a blessing in disguise for people who struggle to save . It is a ideal case of  "Automated Investing" or what you say investing on "Auto Pilot" .

But the Provident Fund is not without its share of problems. Since it is to a great extend at the mercy of the government , it remains extremely non transparent .

My experience has been that it has nearly been four years since i got my Annual Statement from the PF office , this makes a subscriber like me, extremely uncomfortable . And when we finally get a statement I struggle to make sure that the amounts shown on the statements are correct

Now here is a solution , This is only for subscribers with PF accounts in Bangalore. The PF number in Karnataka has this format KN/Establishment Code/Employee No.

Find your PF amount

Use the link above and enter the details , you may most probably see the amount in your PF account.

I only wish PF
  • Someday have a small exposure to equity, may be a Index Fund  
  • Someday be like a online bank account into which i can login and check anytime
  • Someday have a unique number which would not change with my employer.
Would this "Someday" ever come or will this just remain my wishfull Someday

Image: i owe credit to the photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment